Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Experiment

Experiment

If you are able, with the right mindset, I recommend you experiment. I recognize there are many who cannot do so and must follow a recipe to the letter. I am not one of those people.

Yesterday, I was going through the refrigerator trying to find what to fix for dinner. When that drew a blank, I went to the freezer and pulled out 1/2 pound of ground beef. With very little seasoning (sea salt and black pepper), I thawed and browned it in a cast iron skillet. When Nita got home, she asked what the ground beef was for and I told her I didn't know yet. Later, I asked her to chop about 1/2 cup of onion and I mixed it in with the beef. Around 5:00, I went to the cupboard and found several different types of canned beans. I chose the mild Chili Beans and added the can of beans (juice and all) to the beef and onion. At about 5:30 or so, I asked if she would like some rice or pasta - she chose rice, but either would have been good.

The concoction poured over the rice came out quite good. But I don't have a recipe. One of Nita's favorite phrases seems to be "I won't ask for the recipe because I know you don't have one". And most of those experiments don't make it to this blog site.

No comments:

Post a Comment