Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Potato Gratin


Ingredients:

  • 2 russet potatoes, sliced very thin
  • 3/4 cups heavy cream (see note below if not available)
  • sea salt
  • pepper
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1/2 lb. sliced gruyere cheese
  • butter


Directions:

  1. Melt butter and coat glass baking dish well - bottom and sides
  2. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
  3. Layer potatoes in dish, overlapping
  4. Combine cream, salt, pepper and garlic and heat to a simmer. (I rarely have heavy cream in the refrigerator, but I often have sour cream that I have left over with no plans. I have found that by mixing sour cream with milk, I have an equivalent to heavy cream that does just fine)
  5. Pour mixture over the potatoes to just cover them.
  6. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake about 30 minutes.
  7. Lay slices of gruyere on top and put under low broil until melted


Makes 4 servings - good for 2 people for 2 meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment