Monday, October 15, 2012

Easy Breakfast in the oven

Okay, I confess that I really don't know what to call this, but I did it and it worked. I didn't want an omelet for some reason and I didn't want to go to the trouble of a frittata, so I combined the recipes I had at hand for each. Next time, I plan to use some veggies like spinach or something else. You can use whatever ingredients you choose. Here is what I did for Nita and me:

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 lb. ground beef, browned
  • 1/3 white onion, chopped thick
  • 4 eggs
  • shredded cheese (4 cheese Mexican, 5 cheese Italian, cheddar or whatever you choose)
  • 1 tbsp. fresh chopped chives
  • sea salt
  • black pepper
  • cumin
  • garlic - chopped or powder

Directions:
  1. brown the ground beef and onion together and keep warm
  2. heat oven to 400 degrees
  3. whisk all other ingredients together (seasonings to your own taste) until totally combined
  4. coat cast iron skillet with PAM or butter or your other choice making sure the sides are coated to prevent sticking
  5. whisk ground beef and onion in with the egg mixture
  6. pour all into the skillet and cover with cheese
  7. place in oven and cook 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment